- These are some of excel formulas I use often.
1. The following to to find the unique case sensitive entries in a column:
2. Formula to count frequencey in excel given two columns, the first comprising of data and the other comprising of the values whose frequency is to be counted:
3. Formula to highlight unequal cells in two columns for excel sheet
Same thing can done in LibreOffice using this:
4. Case Sensitive Duplicate Highlighting in a Column:
In Conditional Formatting, use the following Formula:
5. Formula to highlight entries repeated in another column (column B):
6. Count word in an excel cell or cell range
7. Count length of a specific character (e.g. '|') in a Cell
8. Compare two columns, another better formula:
9. Sum formula:
=SUMIF(B2:B5, "John", C2:C5)
the formula =SUMIF(B2:B5, "John", C2:C5) sums only the values in the range C2:C5, where the corresponding cells in the range B2:B5 equal "John."
10. Split all the characters of a word in ensuing cells (i.e. Add a space after each character of a word, works only in Google Sheet)
=REGEXEXTRACT(TO_TEXT(A1); REPT("(.)"; LEN(A1)))